- Contracts and agreements.
- Setting up or doing business in India: Advice, registration, formation and compliance with the Indian regulatory framework and laws.
- Advice and Consultancy on Corporate Social Responsibility in India and advice on environmental, labour laws and compliance with both Indian laws and International standards.
- Business and commercial disputes.
- Commercial Litigation.
- Banking and Finance
- Bribery and Corruption
- Information Technology.
We provide a multi-disciplinary specialist Arbitration Service for arbitration dispute and settlement in Delhi, Singapore and London. ( hyperlink to specialist Arbitration India section).
India has increasingly improved its arbitration mechanisms and has moved towards harmonisation of its laws to become more arbitration “friendly”. The enactment of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996 was a move in this direction.
Rapid economic growth coupled with foreign investment and liberalisation has seen a significant increase in commercial disputes. Concerns over the delays and burgeoning backlog of cases within domestic courts makes arbitration an attractive and commercially viable alternative to litigation.
We have specialist barristers and Indian advocates who practice both at the Delhi bar and Supreme Court of India as well as from barristers chambers in London. We have a dedicated office in Delhi and are able to provide specialist services in arbitration matters. We provide a seamless service which transcends orders which understands the cultural dynamics as well as the legal issues for both Indian as well as international clients.
We can advise as to:
- The most appropriate forum (whether domestic or international) dealing with the advantages and disadvantages and the selection of arbitration forums.
- The selection of an Arbitrator: experts in the subject matter or the Indian judicial model.
- The role of experts in the arbitration process such as forensic accountants and other professionals.
We offer a specialist consultancy service in legal process outsourcing for the legal community. In the the United Kingdom, liberalisation of the supply of the legal services through Alternative Business Structures (ABA’s) and the sweeping changes to be ushered in 2011 with the Legal Services Act, provides a unique opportunity for dynamic way in which law firms deliver legal services in the 21st Century. Our services are therefore tailored to the specific needs of law firms, corporations and local authorities as providers of legal services and their specialisations. We offer expert help and guidance on full range of areas; analysis and evaluation of your company’s individual needs and objectives, tailored advice on matching and assigning LPO providers with specific specialisations and strengths. As legal consultants we understand the need of those working in legal sector and a unique advantage over those whose background is primarily in the business sector.
We offer a comprehensive service for companies seeking to recruit staff in India or outsource their operations to India.
- Pay and working conditions.
- Staffing and outsourcing of staff issues.
- Employer obligations on pay and tax
We are expert immigration consultants and offer expert advice and representation to Indian clients who are seeking UK visas for business, employment. We also act for individuals in India in the visa application process for student visas, visitors visa, spouse, family and other categories.
• UK Business Visas (read more)
• UK Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visas (read more)
• UK Employment Visas (read more)
• UK Student Visas (read more)
• UK Visitor Visa (read more)
• UK Marriage Visa (read more)
UK Visa Appeals in India service.
As immigrations laws in the United Kingdom are becoming ever more restrictive and stringent our service allows appeals to be lodged from India. Our immigration matters are handled directly by London and Delhi based UK immigration barristers and lawyers thereby offering clients a seamless service based in Delhi and London.
We offer a highly specialised service in the following areas, acting for claimants including local communities and interest groups in the following matters:
- Environmental Law and environmental tort litigation.
- Class actions and group litigation.
- Human rights law and corporate compliance.
- Corporate social responsibility.
We act for clients facing criminal prosecution in India and offer a service which includes working with embassies in securing your rights as a foreign national. Bail, representation at the police station and representation at all levels from the Magistrates Court, Sessions Court, High Court and the Supreme Court of India.
Our international and domestic criminal law experience includes complex fraud, corruption and corporate liability.
Extradition matters: Our expertise in International laws have been successfully utilised to defend clients facing extradition requests by third party countries.
We have a specialist team of senior supreme court advocates and barristers to defend in all criminal matters at all levels.
Our firm’s ethos, is in line with our corporate social responsibility commitment, that bribery and corruption is incompatible with good governance and that companies should have robust anti-corruption policies and enforcement mechanisms. Indeed for many foreign companies operating outside of their jurisdictions there is often a legal requirement to have such systems in place.